Tuesday 1 August 2017

Why am I in Rothenburg again?

We left Hamburg as planned and on time. As the trains headed south the weather improved and the countryside was more 'Postman Pat'.  We duly arrived at our lodgings just outside the city walls around 5 pm.  A re-famil walk into town followed.



At about this time G1 began to wonder out loud. 'Why am I here?'  How many kilometres are we going to walk?'  'I think we are going to cook'. ' I was happy at the end of the boat and bike with what I have done.'   'You did not tell me that we will have to walk over 26 kilometres one day nor that the walk is rated medium difficulty'.



'Maybe you should read the trip notes next time' replied G2. ' Waiter, could I please have another very large pilsener please?


And so we enjoyed our pre walk rest day in Rothenburg.  Yes it is a beautiful medieval city. There were not too many selfy snapping Asians either. And I found the most extensive array of train scenery Ever.  But the bags can only hold so much so I had to cut back on ideas.

We turned in trusting we had enough energy left for the following 5 days.


No comments: